IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PATIENTS:
Smiles for Life Families,
In order for us to be able to stick with ADA guidelines for social distancing this might mean you could be offered fewer options in the beginning and we thank you for cooperation in advance while we work through this difficult time. We are following all American Dental Association guidelines to prevent exposure to the COVID-19 virus, we can assure you our team and doctors are symptom free and ready to serve you in a safe environment. We have participated in numerous webinars and informational meetings for the best practices to protect our patients and team. We have made some changes to appointments in order to keep both our patients and our team safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is what to expect @ Smiles for Life Orthodontics BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER your appointment.
▪ We ask that all patients BRUSH & FLOSS YOUR TEETH THROUGHLY AT HOME before your appointment. We would like to minimize the exposure of our patients and the toothbrushing station will only be used as necessary and disinfected after use.
▪ We will ask all parents and siblings to stay in the car. When you arrive, please call us 940-295-4188 and we will come out to you and will be asking protocol questions and have you sign the document, at that point we will then escort the patient in the office. (Parents with small children ONLY will be allowed in and will be required to wear masks, if you do not have one-we will provide one for you)
▪ We will take the temperature of anyone entering the office, and ask them to utilize the hand sanitizer. If anyone has a temperature over 100.4 degrees, or respiratory symptoms, we will ask them to reschedule their appointment.
▪ We will be keeping social distancing, there is 6 feet between each of our treatment chairs and we will continue to keep a high standard of disinfection of our equipment and our personal protective equipment.
▪ You will be seeing us with N95 masks, surgical masks, shields, gloves, lab coats and disposable gowns during orthodontic appointments.
▪ If you have any questions or concerns about our safety measures, do not hesitate to ask.
▪ To update everyone on their orthodontic progress, if your son or daughter has a phone with them at the appointment, we would be happy to record a note to let you know of their progress and when we would like you to schedule their next appointment. If not, we will be giving them a note to take with the same information.
▪ Please do not hesitate to ask any questions, we are more than happy to come to your car so we may update you as well.
These processes are constantly evolving and we will modify them as necessary and recommended. We are here for you, so please do not hesitate to call if you have any further questions. We thank you again for your cooperation and understanding in advance and we look forward to seeing you soon!
With much love,
Dr. Irelia Machado and the Smiles for Life Team